Dubai-based Empyrean secures contracts worth €293m from leading Uzbekistan miner

Empyrean Heavy Machinery Spare Parts Trading LLC has won €293 million worth of orders from Uzbekistan’s leading gold and uranium producer in just three years.

Empyrean, which is owned by Uzbek businessman Akmal Mamarahimov, won the tenders from the mining operation between 2019 and 2021.

Empyrean, which is based in Dubai, was founded in November 2018 and its rapid growth has come despite its owner, Akmal Mamarahimov, having little experience in the equipment and machinery sector. According to reports, Mamarahimov’s only previous venture in the machinery supply sector was a Russian company that was dissolved after just two years.

Empyrean supplies Navoi Mining and Metallurgical Combinat (NMMC) with equipment from well-known brands including Caterpillar, Shell, Michelin, Hitachi, Komatsu. One recent contract win was to supply 276 XDR3 tyres from Michelin in the United States. These tyres are 2.7 meters tall and cost €32,850 each.

Empyrean was also selected in May 2020 to supply 11 Komatsu 220-tonne mining trucks in a deal worth $41 million. This was followed in July 2020 with a contract worth approximately $34 million to supply 10 793D trucks from Caterpillar. Empyrean is an official distributor for Caterpillar Inc.

Empyrean said: “Our company has dealer and trade relations with the largest manufacturers of industrial equipment, spare parts, raw materials and consumables. Empyrean successfully provides the necessary equipment for construction, oil and mining enterprises.”

SORP Investment LLC, which is based in the United Arab Emirates, owns 51% of Empyrean while the remaining 49% is held by another UAE entity called IPC FZE. Both are owned by Akmal Mamarahimov.

Empyrean’s Dubai operations are managed by a Pakistani businessman called Muhammad Imran Abbasi.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.